Re: Crypt function

Hello,
======

> I am trying to compile a C program that utilizes the crypt() function.  It
> worked fine on another Linux box, but on my newly-installed system it says
> that crypt() is undefined or some such.  How do I go about installing the
> library or telling gcc where to look for it?  I'm running Debian with
> kernel version 2.0.34.  Thanks!

Maybe you should try to compile your program with -lcrypt flag , like

gcc -lcrypt -o output_file your_source.c

The other Linux box is apparently using libc5 and your new Debian is
libc6-based. There are some differences in crypt library.

Could you please reply if my suggestion was right?

All the very best,
Peter
--
                      * Peter Paluch                  *