Re: Stupid Netscape question

     It should launch from a click on the Netscape Icon in X Windows
if your windows manager has the icon.  Otherwise, just enter "netscape"
from an xterm or rxvt in X Windows.

     If that doesn't work, make sure that you started your installation
with _the whole_ gzip'd Netscape file.  Count the number of bytes in the
file with a "ls -l" command in the same directory as the gzip'd file.
I just tried to uncompress and install Star Office using incomplete files
(fixed now) and had to "reget" them to fix it.

    Also, be sure to read all of the documentation on it again--thoroughly, if
none of the above works.  For example, do any environment variables need to
be set in your shell config files (e.g., .bashrc, .profile, etc.)?

    The correct packages should have installed just fine with the Debian
installer, BTW...worked with Communicator 4.5 for slink here.

Art