Re: My PC's internal (built-in) speaker.

Thank you all.
Replaced the speaker. Works fine. First time I noticed that my bash also uses
the speaker to get the user attention.
I still do not know which device is used for the speaker, if any.
grep pcspeaker /usr/src/linux/Documentation/devices.txt gives noting with my
Debian 2.0 (kernel 2.0.34).
Which utility are you using for the phone ringer ?