Re: need various libs ... ??

kaynjay@igalaxy.net writes:

> Comes up showing only libf2c.so.0 missing.  I found the other libs ... was
> looking in the wrong directory.
>
> I did find a libf2c.so.2 file.  Is this a later version of the libf2c.so.0
> ??? Should I use that?  Or is it something completely different??  I found a
> 1995 version which fits the bill, but its use would require that I overwrite
> a file out of my current libf2c.so.2 group.

libf2c.so.0 will be an older version that's incompatible with
libf2c.so.2.  Try taking all the libf2c.so.0* files and putting them
in /usr/local/lib then running ldconfig, and see whether 1. ldd finds
them, and 2. the program doesn't crash when run.

If it _does_ crash, the exact output and the output of ldd might
help.

> I have obtained the source, but am leery about compiling it since I really
> am unfamiliar with that process.  Do you know if the dependencies would
> remain, or would they change to the versions in my system??

If you install the -dev versions of all the libraries where necessary
- probably just libc6-dev - it will depend on your current system,
including f2c's current libf2c.so.2.

		  Larry froze.  Was the bag a trap?
  He could see the way in, but the other end appeared to be sealed.