Re: netscape, slink, bus error

Problem solved-- thanks to the following hint:

On Wed, 6 Jan 1999, Ed Cogburn wrote:
> 	XNLSPATH isn't the problem (It was only suggested as a
> possible problem).  The locale problem (which I thought was solved a
> long time ago - did you recently upgrade to slink?)  occurs because of
> a missing /usr/lib/X11/locale directory.  Check this directory.  If
> this isn't there (or its empty, or its a symlink) you can get this
> locale directory from the xlib6g (part of X11) package (3.3.2.3a-8.1).

For some reason, even though xlib6g was installed, /usr/lib/X11/locale
was an empty directory.  Since I couldn't figure out how to do a forced
install from an ftp site (i.e. what is the "package" arg for dpkg -i), I
simply replicated the 'locale' tree from another host, and now netscape
4.5 (installed from the slink distro) works just fine.

--
Rick Venable                  =====\     |=|    "Eschew Obfuscation"
FDA/CBER Biophysics Lab       |____/     |=|