Re: Communicator 4.5 & Bus Errors Again (libs?)

I'm having similar problems on my 'slink' system with all of the
versions of netscape I've downloaded from Netscape, including the
unsupported one for libc6.  In addition to the "bus error", I also get a
message about

	locale `C' not supported

If I knew how, I'd consider backing off to 'hamm', just so I could get
netscape installed and working.

On Sun, 3 Jan 1999, Art Lemasters wrote:
>      The Netscape that comes with the Communicator 4.5 packages
> is disappearing from the X Windows root window again with the
> following X Windows error message.
>
> /usr/bin/X11/netscape: line 64:    364 bus error
> LD_PRELOAD=/lib/libBrokenLocale.so.1 $netscape	"$@"
>
>      Is there some way to fix this problem on this system for now?

Rick Venable                  =====\     |=|    "Eschew Obfuscation"
FDA/CBER Biophysics Lab       |____/     |=|
Bethesda, MD  U.S.A.          |   \    / |=|  ( Not an official statement or
rvenable@deimos.cber.nih.gov  |    \  /  |=|    position of the FDA; for that,
http://www.erols.com/rvenable       \/   |=|    see   http://www.fda.gov  )