Building custom install CDs

I want to burn a CD which is -basically- debian, but has two or three
extra packages present and marked as necessary, and also runs a script
which changes which packages are and aren't selected (depending on
things such as the partition sizes) before it runs dselect.  (It's for
a volunteer project to install linux on old computers and donate them
to people who wouldn't otherwise have a computer)

I probably also want to use a custom kernel, and pre-answer some of
the questions in  the install script (eg: there'll never be any pcmcia
or scsi devices, or a lot of the other weird stuff, so not to ever ask
about it).  Can I put extra 'info' screens into the install scripts
too?

Where do I find instructions about doing this type of stuff?  I've
looked in the FAQ and 16.3 says it's -possible- but not how or where
to look for further info!!

bekj

--
: --Hacker-Neophile-Eclectic-Geek-Grrl-Queer-Disabled-Boychick--
: gossamer@tertius.net.au   http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/