Re: Strange PPP problem

On 1 Jan 1999 john@dhh.gt.org wrote:

Thank you for responce. I looked at old usenet archives and ppp-howto. It
looks like I have a routing problem, either on my side or on the server
side. I can talk to the dial-up server but no other hosts, even the DNS
servers are unreachable. This is what I have accomplished so far...

> > pppd options :
>
> > -detach
>   ^^^^^^^
>
> Why do you have this in your /etc/pppd/options?  It is not usually useful.
>
> > routing table (after establishing ppp connection):
>
> Looks normal.
>
> > Dec 31 04:39:49 debian icmplogd: destination unreachable from
> > [209.44.32.73]

I have no idea what that IP address is. It just starts pinging me once I
establish a ppp session.

> I don't understand where this is coming from.  What do your /etc/hosts and
> /etc/resolv.conf look like?

akopps@debian:~$ cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1       debian  localhost
akopps@debian:~$ cat /etc/resolv.conf