sound card

Hi !

I have Yamaha OPL3-SAx sound card (SoundBlaster, SoundBlaster PRO and
Windows Sound System compatible) and I have a problem installing/using it.
After the Debian installation I manualy installed a newer kernel (from 1.3
to 2.0.33) and for it's configuration I used 'make menuconfig' where I
choosed to install SounBlaster drivers or so, and as I'm booting linux from
diskette I'm not sure if I'm booting with newer kernel cause I didn't make
a new boot diskette (I don't know how) with newer kernel. So when I tried
to play an MP3 file with splay program I get message 'segmentation fault'
or something.

Thanx !