HP deskjet 710C problems

Hi,

I am trying to use a HP deskjet 710C printer with my debian
box. I previously had a star matrix printer hooked up, which
used to work fine, so the cable and driver (lp.o) seems OK.

Now, with the deskjet, if I do a 'cat document >/dev/lp0',
the printer remains silent. Shouldn't this always work,
independent of which filter package I am using?

When I use lpr (from the LPRng package) the file status.lp, from
the spool directory, says that the document is printed OK, but
nothing coming out of the printer. I use magicfilter with the
dj550c filter.

Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks,

Joop
--

 Joop pa3aba@debian.org
 Linux Hamradio Applications and Utilities Homepage