Re: vi linewrap question

On Fri, Dec 31, 1999 at 02:54:24PM -0700, Nate Duehr wrote:
> Okay, I'm fairly new to vi after living in a uMacs/Emacs world for a
> number of years...
>
> When using vi with mutt for mail, I have to type carriage returns
> manually to avoid linewrap.  Is there any way to teach vi to linewrap
> at 72 columns?

:set textwidth=72

> Also, I know there's a way to pass vi options from mutt
> which would keep vi from doing this unless I was in mutt, but
> I don't remember where that is either.

1) Replace vi with vim (it's VI-iMproved !)

2) Create a vimrc or whatever you want to call it, an put it in
~/.mutt . Then in your ~/.mutt/muttrc have line like:
set editor='vim -u $HOME/.mutt/vimrc'

| Eric G. Miller                        egm2@jps.net |
| GnuPG public key: http://www.jps.net/egm2/gpg.asc  |