Re: Login to X Windows System

make sure your typing everything right :) make sure caps lock is off etc
.. make sure you can login at the console(text mode).  If for some reason
you can login at the console but not in XDM(X Display manager) you can
kill XDM and 'startx' from a prompt.

you can remove /etc/rc2.d/S99xdm to prevent XDM for loading at boot.

nate