Re: Mail Delivery Failure

Pollywog wrote:

> I am using Exim 3.11-2 (Debian package) and I do not see any problems.

Well I've narrowed down the problem. I just don't know why it has
stopped working. When I first set up exim, I did so following along
with an LG article. It had me edit my exim.conf file's remote_smtp
section to include a transport filter that edited the address on
outgoint email. My home system's domain is smaug.home.net, but my
actual email address needs to have home.com appended if I ever want
a reply. The filter was a perl script that made the changes
automagically. It (the script) works fine. I've ran text files
containing the header info through it and it rewrote the From:
address as expected.

The relevant section of the exim.conf file is:

  # This transport is used for delivering messages over SMTP
  # connections.

  remote_smtp:
    driver = smtp
    headers_remove = "sender"
    transport_filter = "/usr/local/bin/outfilt"
  end

Everything works fine (but no rewrite) if I comment the
headers_remove and transport_filter lines. For completeness, the
outfilt script is:

  #!/usr/bin/perl
  $address = 'mwagnon1@home.com';
  while (<>) {
      if (/^From: /) { s/<.*>/<$address>/; print; last; }
      print; }
  while (<>) { print; }

Any ideas?
 ) Mark Wagnon      ) mwagnon1@home.com      )