Re: kernel question

On Thu, Dec 30, 1999 at 11:31:53AM +0700, Oki DZ wrote:
> There is a kernel-headers package...(?)
> I'd like to download it.

I guess it's for people who need to compile modules but don't
want to download the full source.  It's in main / devel, but I
haven't downloaded it.

> Once I had a problem compiling a module for a NIC; kernel-source 2.2.13
> package still has /usr/src/linunx/include/version.h for kernel 2.2.12.
> After the module got compiled, it wouldn't get loaded.
>
> Oki

I got exactly the same problem doing exactly the same thing :)

I just went ahead and changed the offending file, but I guess it should
be reported as a bug.  Perhaps it already has.  I think there's also a
chance the kernel-headers package would have been generated at the same
time as the kernel-source, and so perhaps has the same bug.

--
Regards,
Paul