Re: Debian Linux

"Clive Gates" <clive_gates@zdnetonebox.com> writes:

> I have a 10 gig hard drive partitioned into 2 gig partitions
> (win 95). is it possible to install linux onto the last (unformated)
> partition and boot from a floppy. I want to test drive the linux first
> before I do any major alterations to the H.D.

Yes. Just run the installer from a floppy, and when you reach stage of
fdisk-ing, delete the last partition, and create a linux swap
partition and one or more ext2fs partitions in the space that you will
free by deleting the last part'n. Then install Debian into them.

Read the installation instructions for more info.
--
Arcady Genkin                                 http://www.thpoon.com
"'What good is my pity? Is not the pity the cross upon which he who