(1) /etc/init.d/inn: start-stop-daemon: command not found? (2) actsync difficulties.

1) I just installed inn and I am getting

	start-stop-daemon: command not found

whenever I am starting or stopping it.

Did I missed something or is it a bug?

2) Although getlist(1) manages to get about 45000 groups, actsync(8) is
hanging up and I have to kill it. It seems to put in the active file about
2500 groups while the stdout shows many warn/err reports. I still have to do
some reading, try to see what info do the log files gives and similar but if
someone can guide me then it will be helpful.