Re: SIOCADDRT: Invalid argument

Try from the command line:
ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1
route add -host 127.0.0.1 lo

If this works you can put this in the following file:
/etc/init.d/network

To be on the safe side copy your original network file.

This is what I have on my machine and I don't have any problems.

Make sure the rest of the file gives the proper information.

Sebastian Canagaratna
Department of Chemistry
Ohio NOrthern University
Ada, OH 45810.