Re: MTA

>>>>> "peter" == peter karlsson <pk@mds.mdh.se> writes:

peter> Hi!  I'll be moving and will lose my direct Internet
peter> connection, and will have to resort to dial-up. To prepare for
peter> this, I am switching over to doing mail and news offline
peter> (slrnpull, fetchmail), but I need some ideas on what to use for
peter> outgoing mail. I've had sendmail die on me when I'm not
peter> connected to a network (not in Debian, though, haven't tried
peter> sendmail in Debian), so I wonder what the best setup is for
peter> outgoing mail when it is only to send mail when I connect to
peter> the ISP (and directly when I do that, preferrably without
peter> manual intervention).

With sendmail, use default delivery mode = deferred.  Of course
there's a funny syntax you need to learn to put that in the config
file; you didn't really expect better, did you? :-)  To really send
the mail when you're online do sendmail -q in a cron job or similar.

--
Ian Zimmerman
Lightbinders, Inc.