A problem with the Page style (Layout -> Document -> Pagestyle)

It turns out that when I select any setting that puts some title on top of the
page (headings or fancy) from the above menu, it is not cut or otherwise made
to fit into the page unless it was short to start with.
I am attaching a lyx file to show what I mean.

Is it some setting that I am missing?

#This file was created by <shaul> Mon Dec 27 05:31:44 1999
#LyX 1.0 (C) 1995-1999 Matthias Ettrich and the LyX Team
\lyxformat 2.15
\textclass article
\begin_preamble
\usepackage{amsfonts}
\end_preamble
\language default
\inputencoding default
\fontscheme default
\graphics dvips
\float_placement htbp
\paperfontsize 12
\spacing single
\papersize a4paper
\paperpackage a4
\use_geometry 0
\use_amsmath 1
\paperorientation portrait
\secnumdepth 3
\tocdepth 3
\paragraph_separation indent
\defskip medskip
\quotes_language english
\quotes_times 2
\papercolumns 1
\papersides 2
\paperpagestyle fancy

\layout Section

This is an intentionally long title becuase it is ment to demonstrate that
 at least in my view the heading of the page might confuse the reader instead
 of helping him browse the document.
 Doesn't long titles are sometimes not avoidable, at least when sub sections
 titles are concerned?
\the_end