Re: vga=ask in lilo.conf

Hi Andy,

The VGA stuff is kernel-based.  SVGATextMode is a program that you can load
after the kernel's loaded to use SVGA instead of VGA.

So generally the answer to your question is, yes.  However, you can use the
SVGA stuff to get higher resolutions also.

Personally, I don't use the SVGATextMode stuff, as the resolutions and
text modes available under most of my VGA cards suit me just fine.

Hope it helps, enjoy.  You can read more in the man pages for the SVGA stuff
if your interested.  I've never really used it, as I like the VGA stuff
better.

Enjoy, and hope you had happy holidays,
Nate, nate@natetech.com