Re: GnuPG stands for ...?

At 09:23 AM 12/25/99 -0800, Fish Smith wrote:
>Okay, if PGP stands for Pretty Good Privacy, does that
>mean GnuPG stands for GNU Pretty Good?  I don't know
>how this title conveys encryption...

My guess is that the full name is recursive AND a palindrome.  GnuPGPunG, folded back over itself (in the manner of a palindrome) becomed GnuPG.  It could stand for GNU Pretty Good Privacy UNder GNU or, perhaps, GNU Pretty Good Privacy Uses Namesake GNU.  That's my theory :-)

--
Copyright(c) 1999 Lyno Sullivan; this work is free and may be
copied, modified and distributed under the GNU Lesser General