Re: MUD Sever.(How do I compile?)

Jack Sonnie said:
> I have the source
> code for the program, but it just says to type "make" and cross your
> fingers...

I hate (lack of) documentation like that...

> From what I can tell, "make" must be either a Unix compiler or
> was in the original Linux...

Uh... No.  Make coordinates the actions of compilers so that (at least in
theory) you don't have to type in a series of complex command lines by hand
every time you want to build your code.  It also checks datestamps so that
only code which has been changed since the last compile gets recompiled
(which can save a LOT of time!).

If you don't have make installed, you're not going to be able to build
anyone's source except for trivial "Hello, world!"-type stuff.  You'll also
need the actual compiler(s) too, of course - which usually means gcc.

Install the make package and check out the included documentation for more
info.

--
Geek Code 3.1:  GCS d- s+: a- C++ UL++$ P+>+++ L++>++++ E- W--(++) N+ o+ !K
w---$ O M- !V PS+ PE Y+ PGP t 5++ X+ R++ tv- b++ DI++++ D G e* h+ r++ y+