questions about "generic" Ethernet drivers, DHCP

I finally got a second box to install Linux on today. Unfortunately its
not the Compaq Deskpro EN I had hoped for. Its an older Digital 5000 PC
with the following specs:

  PII 233
  Adaptec AHA-2940 UW SCSI Adapter
  2 Seagate 2Gb SCSI HDs
  Matrox Mystique video card (2Mb)
  Digital Semiconductor EB143 based 10/100 "evaluation" ethernet card

(1) What Ethernet driver should I select for this NIC ? I got the
details of the HW from Windows NT which the machine already has on
it. Not sure if its a PCI or ISA NIC. Has anyone heard of this NIC ?

(2) How do I setup the system to use DHCP once the ethernet card is
setup properly ? I never setup a machine to use DHCP but I am assuming
that it isn't too tricky.

I would like to get the machine up and running with slink, and then plan
to upgrade it to potato and kernel 2.2.13 once networking is configured
properly.

Thanks for any info.

--
Salman Ahmed