Re: debian-user-digest Digest V99 #2204

Try telling us what's in your $home/.xsession
This file is what's loaded when you use startx.  Maybe
It's trying to start WM with the argument -clientId
and no such argument exists for WM.  I don't know what
the arguments for WM are because I use BlackBox, but
try editing the line in $home/.xsession that says
something like "exec /bin/X11/windowmaker -clientId
blabla..." and remove the -clientId part.

Hope this all helps.

>I have a rather typical setup here, when I do startx
as a
>user I have the basic X Server running with nothing
on it.

>The startx on the console tells me that WindowMaker
could
>not be started because of an "invalid argument --
'->clientId'"

>Is that error known? How do I get around it?
>This box is running bleeding edge potato from today.

=====
Jolan Tru,
Fish of Borg
Visit me on the web!  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Frontier/4784/stccg.html
///Archaeologists near mount Sinai have discovered what appears to be a missing page from the Bible.  The page is currently being carbon dated in Bonn.  If genuine it belongs at the beginning of the Bible and is believed to read "To my Darling Candy.  All Characters portrayed within this book are fictitious and any resemblance to persons living or dead is entirely coincidental."///Red Dwarf