Re: APC UPS (Back-UPS Pro 650)

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999 16:02:12 -0700, Nate Duehr wrote:

[...]
>> i was suprised to see that the cables were so different, my back ups pro
>> was brand new(boxed) and yet it came with a cable that only appeared to
>> work with windows.  even more odd is that powerchute for win* worked fine
>> through VMWare in linux..on the grey cable..i wish i understood what was
>> different(and why its different) between their *nix and win* programs.
>
>If the cables are truly different, a volt-ohm meter would answer all your
>questions!  :)  Perhaps even just a battery and a lightbulb would help.

Unfortunately it won't answer the most interesting question: WHY are there a
dozen of different cables? I mean it can't be a matter of cost, can it?

The cable issue is a most confusing one, and I wish APCC would stop causing
their customers much trouble and grief. :-(

--
Sign the EU petition against SPAM:          L I N U X       .~.
http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/        The  Choice      /V\