Re: pppd died

Jacob Smith wrote:

> Hey
>
> I have just installed the Corel Linux, I have gotten everything to run
> pretty smoothly on it however when I try to connect to the internet it
> returns an error message every time saying pppd daemon died unexpectedly.
> All the setting dial up setting in there dial up program are correct as I
> have checked them against the ISP.  Any suggestion would be appreciated.
>
> Jake

This is a Debian user list, so you'll find most of the readers
(including me) have no experience of Corel.  So you may find
some of the suggestions vary from your setup.  But, it's worth
looking in /var/log as a rule when things break down.  In this
case the files you want to check are :

   /var/log/ppp-connect-errors
   /var/log/ppp.log

If you can't get the answer from this and the system documentation,
ask again, enclosing the log extracts.

--
Regards,
Paul