Re: plextor cd-r trouble

On 12/21/99, Matt Garman addressed "plextor cd-r trouble":
> My scsi system consists of the following internal components:
>
>     - Adaptec 2940UW pcsi scsi controller
>     - Plextor PlexWriter 412c SCSI cd-r
>     - Seagate ST34371W Barracuda 4.3 gig scsi hard drive
>
> The Adaptec 2940uw controller has two internal connectors, a 50-pin
> narrow connector and a 68-pin wide connector.  I have separate cables
> for my two drives (the cd-r and harddrive).  I have termination enabled
> on all components (because the card and two drives are each at their
> physical ends of the scsi cable, i.e. there is no chain).

>From this description and your dmesg output below, I take it you have no
external devices?  If you did, it would be a factor, since it lengthens
one of the SCSI chains.  At least with a BusLogic BT-958.

On a similar note, I wonder if your two internal SCSI cables together
form a single logical chain.  That would also impose length
limitations, and possibly change your termination configuration.

Good luck!

Jesse

--
Jesse Jacobsen, Pastor          jjacobsen@jvlnet.com