Re: APC UPS (Back-UPS Pro 650)

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, Ralf G. R. Bergs wrote:

> So do I. Even worse: NONE of the ups daemons seem to work.
>
> We use the apcupsd to drive a SmartUPS 2200. Shutting the machine down DOES
> work, but the daemon doesn't shut down the UPS?!
>
> Hints anyone?!

	apcupsd seems to see all the settings of my UPS but
	through httpaccess but I'm unable to change
	EPROM setting (as can I do using windoze PowerChute).

	Further, the daemon seems unable to shut down even the machine!

	I've also noticed that my cable is 940-0095B rather than 95A,
	as claimed by APC. Do you think this can be the cause of
	my problems?

	I obtained some random behaviour (with some succsessful
	shutdown on power failure) using genpower (shutting
	down through the init process). But I couldn't reproduce
	it regularly.

	None of the other packages seems so attactive.

	I also sent a query for information to brisse@acm.org
    (http://www.brisse.dk/site/apcupsd/library/whattodo/index.htm#TOP)
	Still waiting for reply.