Re: Kernel 2.2.13 dumps AX/BX/CX/DX booting

John Dalbec wrote:

> I thought I remembered seeing something about this problem before.
> When I boot from floppy to Kernel 2.2.13 I get
> 0400
> AX:0212
> BX:7000
> CX:5001
> DX:0000.
> over and over again.
> I tried searching the list archives but I kept getting "no articles found."
> What's the problem here?
> Thanks,
> John

Hi John,

I believe that's a dump of the CPU's accumulators, but what really matters is that it
normally means that your floppy disk is bad. It's happened to me several times and in
all but one case recreating the floppy fixed it. The one case that recreating the
floppy didn't fix it turned out to be a loose connection on the floppy drive itself.
If you've compiled your own kernel you should be able to cd to "/usr/src/linux" and
do a "make bzdisk" to recreate your floppy.

John