weird cdtool problem

heya, fellow debian lovers

i recently upgraded a myriad of stuff to potato. one of the packages that i
upgraded was cdtool (to cdtool 2.1.5-4). when i tried to play a cd i got the
following error:

bobstopper@zuul - Tue Dec 21  05:21:41
~ => cdplay
sr0: CDROM (ioctl) reports ILLEGAL REQUEST.
sr0: CDROM (ioctl) reports ILLEGAL REQUEST.
cdplay: ioctl cdromplaytrkind

initially i figured this to be some sort of kernel problem since i'd also just
recompiled my kernel to emulate scsi for my new ide cd burner, however i tried
using the cdplayer for gnome and it worked fine. i'm also quite certain that
the version of cdtool i was using prior to its upgrade worked fine after the
kernel upgrade so i'm tending to think this is some kind of cdtool problem.
before i happily send off a bug report could somebody tell me if what i'm
experiencing is due to my own naivity or a bug report already exists? (i
didn't see one when i checked the archives).

from

da Bobstopper