Re: Can't find a valid termcap

	Subject: Re: Can't find a valid termcap
	Date: Mon, Dec 20, 1999 at 08:07:07PM +0000

Quoting Patrick Kirk(patrick@kirks.net):
>| Hi Wayne,
Hello Patrick

>| There were error messages about the newest version of perl5 being
>| installed at 18.10.  Perhaps the new version fixes this problem.
>| That's no help to you with slink tho'.  Have you been able to get slink4 on CD?

No, I haven't decided on which dist to get yet.  Even tho the Jan 2000
issue of LJ says Debian is #1, now, I think I may change my main dist.
Not to RH, of course, but maybe back to Slackware or even FreeBSD.  I
have been having problens with the 'stable' Slink that I can't seem to
solve.  I could always fix those kinds of problems when I ran
Slackware.  In Slackware you compile most programs yourself so 'you'
set the options on compiling, not someone else.  Ah, maybe I'm just
tired from fighting this problem so long.  Sour grapes I guess, no
distro updates like Debian, when it updates correctly!

  I have to find another hobby!  I just picked up 3 old 386 boxes and
one 486 box for $40.  All had 3 1/2 floppies and one had a 500Meg HD.
I am working on getting them all running as Linux Routers and/or
workstations by the end of the year.  3 down and one to go.  Maybe
when I finsh this project I will feel less P__sed!

>| PS - how do you get mutt to wrap text?  I can't seem to get it right :-(
in muttrc:  set editor="vim '+/^$/+1'"
in vimrc:   set textwidth=70

Bah Humbug aside, I hope you have a great Holiday Season Patrick!

Best Regards
Wayne
--
At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer you will
find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on