Problem with Mutt <-> GPG cooperation

Hi all,

I can't force my mutt/gpg set to work properly. Signing of messages works fine
(as can be seen from this message :-) ), but I can't encrypt a message to be sent
to somebody. I have the recipient's public key in my public keyring. I can
encrypt the date with this recipient's public key using the GPG itself.
However when I prepare the message in mutt, end set the "PGP:" option to
"encrypt", after pressing the "y" (send) key I'm asked for the recipient's
keyID. I've checked the short (32 bit) form, the long (64 bit) form, the
recipient's e-mail... all the syntaxes given in gpg's man page.
Nothing works! The beep is heard and I can see again the: Enter keyID for ...:
What's wrong?

The pgp_default_version is set to 'gpg'.
The mutt version is Mutt 0.95.3i (1999-02-12), and the gpg version is:
gpg (GnuPG) 1.0.1

--
			TIA
			Wojciech Zabolotny