Re: Slink Iso image

I built my slink ISO 9660 image using the pseudo-image kit, which assembles
the image on the fly from the Debian mirror of your choice, then patches it
against an actual image. Quite impressive to watch, BTW. Of course this was
at work over T3.

The preferred distribution mechanism for ISO 9660 images is via the pseudo
image kit. Why? Because there aren't that many mirrors willing to host
entire ISO images, but there are many mirrors (one of them close to you!)
that can offer all the individual *packages*.

The question dialogue at http://cdimage.debian.org/ may make you feel like
you're not getting the direct information, but I learned to trust it. That
was how I found the pseudo-image kit. C'mon...trust it.

If it turns out you actually need to make ISO images at all, you'll get to
either

    http://cdimage.debian.org/ch1211.html

for the pseudo-image kit or

    http://cdimage.debian.org/ch1212.html

for the ISO images themselves.

Again, though, I'd urge you to 1) use the dialogue and 2) avoid downloading
the image from an image mirror unless that's your only option.