Fetchmailconf bug?

I believe the newest fetchmailconf is mis-saving the ~/.fetchmailrc file.

I just downloaded the newest fetchmail/fetchmailconf and ran the
configuration program to see if there was anything new. Nope, but I saved
the file anyway.

However, that broke fetchmail. Running fetchmail would give this error:

fetchmail:/home/david/.fetchmailrc:6: parse error at '

Apparently, this is the offending error:

[snip] '' ssl ''

because I edited it to this:

[snip] "ssl"

and everything was back to normal.

Is this a bug?

--
David J. Kanter
djkanter@nwu.edu

"Humans have an innate tendency to attribute significance to anomalies
and coincidences."
  -- John Allen Paulos, mathematics professor at Temple University