Re: pppd, named and netscape

Douglas Eck writes:
> First, an easy question. Is there a simple way to get -idle to override
> -persistent.

'idle' and 'persist' are incompatible.

> I just used named because it was the easiest way to get samba to
> work... turn off WINS and set up a very simple nameserver.

I don't know anything about NT, but can't you give it your ISP's
nameservers and tell it to use the Linux box as a gateway?

> Perhaps there is some other simple fix like showing named to my nt box
> but not to my linux box. (That is, nt would point to the linux box for
> DNS, but the linux box itself would not use it's own dns server.)

That should work.  Just take 127.0.0.1 out of /etc/resolv.conf and put your
ISP's nameservers in.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)