Re: problems with debian mirrors

On Sat, 18 Dec 1999, Gregg Berkholtz wrote:

> I have problems like this sometimes too -- any ideas on how someone
> might get around a transparent proxy or to force the proxy to update
> itself. I dont have any control over the proxy.

No idea, I don't think you can - they are built so they cannot be
circumvented. Contact your ISP and complain - really, the vendors need to
get a clue and start actually implementing the RFCs.

If your proxy is *good* you can tell APT about it directly and APT will
set the proper HTTP/1.1 cache control headers to do expires and things.
But I know of no proxy that supports them yet. Again, call your ISP and
complain.

Jason