voodoo3 on debian

Has anyone successfully installed debian on a system that uses a 3dfx voodoo3
video card? I need help installing Debian on such a system. I am using the
Debian that Oreilly is now selling, 2.2.1 or Slink, I think.  I have installed
Debian in a partition on a drive that also has win98. But I can't proceed
until I install linux drivers from 3dfx's website. I have downloaded the
drivers and I have installed the RedHat package manager for Debian as well as
alien. But I am stumped because this Debian has Xfree86 3.3.2 while the 3dfx
drivers require at least 3.3.3. Any recommendations?
What should I do?
This is a home-built computer with Asus 35A mother board, AMD k6-2 400, 128mb
RAM, Voodoo3 2000 video card. Debian is on a WD caviar drive with win98. Linux
mandrake is on another drive. I successfully installed the 3dfx drivers on
mandrake, no sweat.
thanks for any help, steve