Re: XFree86 3.3.5 and slink

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, David Wright wrote:
> When I've run an updated X11 server becuase of new hardware, laptop etc.,
> I've only done three things: placed the new server binary in
> /usr/X11R6/bin, put its name at the top of /etc/X11/Xserver and tweaked
> /etc/X11/XF86Config to suit.
>
> Is it necessary to do more than that?

I updated the entire X11 release, because I needed a new XF86_SVGA
server, and wanted to use XF86Setup; a side effect was that it broke the
Debian customization.  I think I've fixed the problem by renaming
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xsession and creating a link pointing to
/etc/X11/Xsession.  At least now I get the first window manager listed
in /etc/X11/window-managers anyway.

--
Rick Venable                  =====\     |=|    "Eschew Obfuscation"
FDA/CBER Biophysics Lab       |____/     |=|