Re: cvs behind a firewall?

On Thu, Dec 16, 1999 at 04:52:32PM -0500, dyer wrote:
> e.denny@ic.ac.uk wrote:
>
> from /etc/services I get that it uses tcp port 2401.

FWIW, my /etc/services has cvs's pserver using 2401 tcp AND udp.  That
said, I think I remember reading in the cvs FAQ that the current
implementations only use tcp, and udp is left reserved for future use.

Now, THAT said, this is only critical if you intend to use the pserver
method of maipulating your source.  I personally tunnel through SSH,
though I was successful at using the pserver exposed through a
firewall when I had to connect from a win95 machine.

-Jonathan Lupa

ps. This is worth what you paid for it... I don't consider myself a
CVS OR firewall expert. :)

--
jjlupa@jamdata.net
GPG public key available from http://www.jamdata.net/~jjlupa/gpg.asc