Re: Netscape for Slink

That version of Netscape Communicator (4.5) is fully packaged for slink
and should be installable. The netscape-base-4 package is in the contrib
section, while the rest of the packages are in non-free.

Check your /etc/apt/sources.list file to make sure apt-get is looking in
all 3 sections (main, contrib, and non-free) of the slink (stable)
distribution. In other words, you need a line like this in that file:

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free

Once you have the /etc/apt/sources.list file set up correctly, apt-get
will automatically download and install all dependencies, although there
are also some optional packages like spell checker, help, and java. On
my slink install, I have the following Netscape Communicator 4.5
packages installed:

communicator-base-45
communicator-nethelp-45
communicator-smotif-45