Re: 2 computers, 2 modems, 2 O/S's

> Hi
> At home my wife and I have two computers (win95 and Debian) and until
> recently had one modem. Connectng to the internet was simple, it all
> went through the Debian (potato) box.
>
> However, I have acquired at no cost another faster modem, unfortunately
> it is a WinModem.... (A US Robotics 56k Voice Win)

If it's based on the Lucent chipset (rather than the Rockwell) there's a
very remote chance that it'll work with Linux.

> What I was wondering is there anyone out there that can point me to a
> piece of Windows (Yes! I know this is the debian mailing list) software
> that can forward all my outgoing IP connections through the Winmodem
> (in the Windows machine) in as transparent a manner as possible.

I've heard that certain versions of Win98 SE can do it, but only on
computers where Win98 SE was pre-installed.

> I got the winmodem for free, I would like to benefit from having it.
> (especially when I need to download the latest and greatest .debs!)

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch@creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein