Re: Summary: logout/halt/reboot as ordinary user, gnome logout button?

On Tue, Dec 14, 1999 at 10:01:22AM +0100, Svante Signell wrote:
> - I want to enable my family to use Linux instead of the other
>   OS. Therefore it is important that they can start the computer, run
>   it and shut down in a CONTROLLED  way. Restart/shutdown are menu
>   entries in the other OS!!

I've thought about this a lot too.

Can you teach your kids to type "sudo reboot"?  (I don't mean that
sarcastically, I have kids too . . .)  You may even be able to put it in
a menu item.

I think visudo and has options to give people just certain priviliges.

--

Thank you,
Joe Bouchard