MS Intellimouse

Someone I know is running potato and has a MS Intellimouse (a mouse with two
buttons and a wheel). What we'd like to be able to do is have the
functionality of both the wheel and an emulated third button. However, we read
that the Emulate3Buttons in X doesn't work if ZAxisMapping is turned on. So,
currently, we have ZAxisMapping on (so we can get the scrolling) but she has
no way of doing the third mouse-button click. What we'd like to be able to do
is somehow make Ctrl + Button-1 (or button-1 + button-2) send X a button-3
click. Is there any way to do this, either with XF86Config, xmodmap, the
window manager (we are using Enlightenment), or any other method?

Thanks.

Colin McMillen
--
Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 (potato): 1 day, 17 hours, 25 minutes without a reboot...
The revolution will be complete when the operating system is perfect.