Re: MySQL from Netgod hoses DBI???

Hello

> I recently upgraded MySQL from www.netgod.net/x/ and now my DBI stuff
> doesn't work. Here are the relevant (I think) packages:
> Can't load '/usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.004/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so'
> for module DBD::mysql: libmysqlclient.so.4:

The recent MySQL package depends on libmysqlclient6. Your DBI seems to be
quite old and from the slink distribution.
Since the former mysql maintainer did not seperate the library to an
extra package you now only have two choices:
a) downgrade mysql to the one that's shipped with slink (3.20.23 I think)
b) upgrade Perl DBI. You can use the most recent one thats available on
   CPAN or as Debian Package. If you use the Debian package you should
   get the source and compile it yourself since you have an older perl
   version than me. You probably have to kill the depends out of the
   debian/control file, too, to get dpkg to install it.

Mail me if you have further problems.

bye,

 -christian- / MySQL and PerlDBI maintainer.

P.S.: I will harden the depends on a more recent Perl-DBI in my MySQL package
      to prevent such failures from now on. So thanks for making this
      problem public :-)
--
Linux - the choice of the GNU generation.          Join the Debian Project
                                                     http://www.debian.org