Re: Using 3com modem Independent Mode (without Windows)

MK>Hi everybody.
MK>
MK>I've got a 3Com USR 56K Message Modem.
MK>
MK>This modem  is capable of receiving fax and voice messages
MK>WHEN YOUR PC IS OFF ("Independent Mode").
MK>Very nice feature! ( makes the modem  fairly expensive, too).

Hi back,

can you give me more details about your Modem ???

For example the Serial-Number ???

I know one at 3Com/USR and it is possible to get
the Spezification to program it   ;-))

I have spezifications of around a dotzend Win-Modems
which are working properly with Dos and Linux.

Michelle