Re: lo on potato

I had the same problem. The solution was to add netmask to the route
command in /etc/init.d/network:
/sbin/route add -net netmask dev lo

Also netmask had to be added to my eth0 interface:
/sbin/route add -net 192.168.x.y netmask dev eth0

Maybe the new version of route is more picky regarding syntax?

However, correcting the eth0 entry resulted in TWO eth0-entries!! I don't
know where the other one is set up. Anybody has a clue??