Re: dhcp & kernel question

check your firewall .. that ipmasq package always blocks all
incoming/outgoing packets on my machines i always remove it. dhcp may be
starting up before ipmasq .

nate

On Sat, 11 Dec 1999, jason wrote:

rohwed >so i decided to re reinstall my box w/ potato.. i had run slink for about
rohwed >9 months or so and wanted to play around.. etc etc - so i wiped the box
rohwed >and put a bare version of slink on .. then upgraded to potato via apt
rohwed >
rohwed >but when i download a new 2.2 kernel to compile my new kernel and get
rohwed >everything working.. my network does some weird stuff.. for whatever
rohwed >reason.. i can't get any traffic out.. dhcp still will grab an ip though?
rohwed >so does anybody have a clue what's going on here? thanks.
rohwed >
rohwed >
rohwed >
rohwed >-jason
rohwed >
rohwed >"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second.  When you
rohwed >sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity."
rohwed >		-Einstein
rohwed >
rohwed >
rohwed >