Printer problem

I tried to set up my printer using apsfilter.
I have a hp 815 (I think that its a variation on the 810 with extra
language support)
I tried using the cdjcolor driver (It was the only one apropriate that was
found, aps filter tried to add a sufix to hpdj which made it not work, and
the driver for the 850,855 and 890 weren't there).
The test page printed out fine, but when I later tried to print to that
printer using lpr, the first call just hangs, it doesn't return from the
lpr call.
When I later try to run either lpr or lprm or lpq, either in paralel aor
after killing the lpr call with C-c I get a message that connection is
refused.
Any idea's?
Thanx
michf@math.tau.ac.il