Re: Floppy Drive

Plasmatik6@aol.com wrote:

> How do I access my floppy drive from command  line?

You can do so with the following command,

mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /floppy

that is if you have a /floppy directory which I think is created by
default so you probably do and the file system you are trying to access
is 'msdos'.  If it is a linux file system use 'ext2'.  /dev/fd0 I assume
is where your floppy drive is located.  After you use the command above
you need to 'cd' to the /floppy directory and use ls -alF or whatever to
look at what is on your floppy.  To get out 'cd' back to the directory
you started in and use the same line as you mounted with but use the
'umount' command.  See 'man mount' for more details and look at 'man
fstab' for a more convenient way of mounting file systems.
hth,
kent