Re: help i bombed my server

On Wed, Dec 08, 1999 at 08:06:40AM -0500, Evan Moore wrote:
> i found out why telnet is not working after i upgraded from debian 1.3 ...
> I can't login at all anymore even on a vc. the ttys are not respawning and
> the available logins tell me that they are Unable to determine my tty
> name. i am emailing the list from some other account that i have so please
>
> thanks very much

I think what you do in this case is find a rescue disk, boot linux
from that, and mount your drives using the working system on the
floppy to inspect for damage.  I've heard the ugrade from libc5 to
libc6 was hairy --- was that 1.3 to 2.0?  Check the archives.

Good luck,

Rob

--
"A mind is a terrible thing to have leaking out your ears."
-- The League of Sadistic Telepaths